"ART is a word which summarizes THE QUALITY OF COMMUNICATION. "
L. Ron Hubbard

Thursday, March 11, 2010

“Sunday Morning Papers” accepted in Art League of Alexandria show

sunday_papers2Sunday morning Papers is a lovely painting I did many years ago when I caught my mother reading the Sunday papers in a red robe. I liked the composition so well that I did it all in one sitting. When I had finished, my mother, who was herself an artist, came around and looked at it and said “But I don’t have a nose.” “Too bad,” I replied. “It’s finished!” Some years before that, I had painted a self portrait with green hair. When she protested that my hair wasn’t green, I tried to change it and ruined the picture. Some paintings just take on a life of their own! Anyway, here it is, it’s on display at the Torpedo Factory, Alexandria, VA until April 6, 2010 for $1100 (and worth every penny.) You can see a larger version of it in my web gallery.

No comments: