"ART is a word which summarizes THE QUALITY OF COMMUNICATION. "
L. Ron Hubbard

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recent paintings

I have recently completed several paintings. I’d like to share them with you here. The three paintings which follow are all 16 x 20 and edge painted with wires ready for hanging or framing (if you prefer).

Stone_House_MDStone House, MD was painted from a photo I took on the road up into MD countryside. I love the rolling Virginia and Maryland countryside, which is unfortunately quickly disappearing under flocks of grazing McMansions.
Orange_Daisies_SL
This painting is a bit brighter and warmer in actuality than it looks here. I have a little more to do on the green bottle.
Sunflowers_2010
Again, the browser has dimmed down this painting (Sunflowers_2010) a bit. It’s slightly more warm and the purples in the background are a little more lively. This is painted primarily with a size 10 brush (about 1.25 inches wide.)

No comments: