"ART is a word which summarizes THE QUALITY OF COMMUNICATION. "
L. Ron Hubbard

Friday, October 13, 2006

Out of the box

I recently joined a group led by local artist and teacher Brenda Belfield called MAX21. (I am MAX18). The group will have monthly workshops and bi-monthly shows of work and will attempt to break boundaries for each individual. Our first project was on the theme of "Out of the Box". Although I had many ideas, for my first project, I am working on an acrylic painting, 36 x 24, on the theme of Pandora's Box. Here is a sample at this stage of completion. This represents some degree of departure for me, as I am generally representational and figurative.

I will say, however, that some years ago, a painting I did incorporating Dean's poem:

It's even sadder than you think:
They were all good people.

won Best of Show at the Art League of Alexandria Multimedia show.

No comments: