"ART is a word which summarizes THE QUALITY OF COMMUNICATION. "
L. Ron Hubbard

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ekphrastic art

Monet, Haystack at Sunset, Boston Museum
Ekphrastic art -- artists getting turned on by other artists' art forms -- has its history. I can remember doing a "modern dance" to "13 ways to look at a blackbird" when I was a teen. (I recorded it and played it as I danced.) Ambitious I must say.You might even say that Monet's cathedrals are ekphrastic. And what about those haystacks?

Sometimes I just look around at nature and think "isn't THIS wonderful." Or someone is speaking to me and I'm apparently listening intently but enthralled by the way the light hits their nose.

I've started a new blog for miscellaneous comments on life around me in the blogging universe. It's called Gypsymoth. Take a look if you have time. I used a webpage a designer referred me to to to set up a way to aggregate and read new posts to the blogs that I want to follow. Here's the webpage if anyone is interested in Blogs (they're all the rage right now.)

http://www.sitepronews.com/archives/2006/jun/16prt.html

Took HOURs but is great time saver since it loads all blogs at once, showing you only the new posts.

I close with a quote from the essay "Art" by L. Ron Hubbard:

ART is a word which summarizes THE QUALITY OF COMMUNICATION.

No comments: