"ART is a word which summarizes THE QUALITY OF COMMUNICATION. "
L. Ron Hubbard

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Upcoming Coulter show: July 2007

How time flies. I've been preparing for a show at the Reston Community Center from July 3 - Aug 8, 2007 and you'd be surprised all that goes into that. It's a big gallery space (often holding shows of more than 100 paintings.) This is a one-person show, and I will have approximately 60 paintings in it. That means that I have had to make sure each is finished, signed, glazed, framed, priced, and catalogued. And I have ordered post cards to send out far and wide. I should do press releases, and I have yet to finish going through my mailing list and paring it down to 500 people.
This show will be a retrospective called: Water Forms, from 1965 to 2007. Since early in my art "career" or "avocation" I have been fascinated by water and the many forms it takes. Ninety-nine percent of the paintings will have water in the painting. A few I included because they refer to water, such as "Sink in Athens" or "Watering Can".
This is a small reproduction of the painting that will go on the postcard. It's called "The Beauty Spot III" and is of a location just a short hike west of the western-most parking lot at the Virginia Great Falls National Park.

No comments: